The elevator owner is responsible for its correct use and maintaining the equipment in perfect conditions.
To achieve this, the owner must meet the following obligations:
- Hire an authorized company to give monthly maintenance and revisions.
- Have at least one person in charge of the elevator.
- Prevent its use when the elevator does not meet the safety conditions and inform the maintenance company of any fault.
- Facilitate to the maintenance company the realization of the monthly service and make sure that they fix any fault.
- Do not allow any third party to install or service the elevators without prior knowledge to EEVI.
- In case the elevators have bidirectional communication the owner must install, at his charge, phone lines for the connection of the security system and it must be current on its payments.